IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

Ports to iPhone, Blackberry, Phone 8, Desktop

Information about my free Android Applications available in the Android Market for cell phones and embedded devices.

Ports to iPhone, Blackberry, Phone 8, Desktop

Postby N4Spd » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:30 pm

I have ports of "IP Cam Viewer" for Android to other platforms. More features will be added over time.

iOS:
Look for "IP Cam Viewer Lite" and "IP Cam Viewer Pro" in the Apple iTunes app store.

Blackberry QNX OS:
Look for "IP Cam Viewer" in the Blackberry World app store. Note: native code is not allowed for blackberry so some drivers (i.e. h.264 dvrs) will not be available for now.

Windows Phone 7/8:
Under development. Target end of the year completion. Update: aborted because MS decided phone8 will not be backward compatible. Will restart on phone8 when it's get more popular.

Table/Desktop ports:
I don't have a desktop Mac/PC version yet. For now, you can use BlueStacks to run Android apps on both Mac and PC. After installing BlueStacks, download and install IP Cam Viewer Lite.
N4Spd

Re: Porting to iPhone, Blackberry, Phone 7, Desktop

Postby vicw » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Are you still planning to release the Desktop version? If so, does it look like a fairly short time before release? I have a mix of Trendnet and Foscam cameras, and use the Android app regularly "Great App!!!".

I have my credit card in my hand ready to get an analogous PC app from you. So far, everything I've researched will run $200 to display a mix of cameras, but they are designed as full function applications, which I don't really want. I just want to be able to see and use the basic functionality on all four, same as on the Android app.
vicw

Postby N4Spd » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:34 pm

It's only in the planning stage unfortunately. I'm focusing on the mobile/tablet platforms. If there was a credible desktop market (besides the mac app store which just showed up) for the pc then it might make it easier. thx rob
N4Spd

Postby vicw » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:29 am

Sorry about that. I saw the Windows & 7 in your post & tuned out the "phone" part, so I jumped to the (wrong) conclusion you are working on an app for a Desktop OS. I can understand your focus on mobile apps, since those markets are exploding. I guess I'll have to look further to find one. Love the IP Cam Viewer app.
vicw

Re: Ports to iPhone, Blackberry, Phone 7, Desktop

Postby fyyzer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:55 am

I'd definitely be interested in a Win 7 desktop version of your app.
fyyzer

Postby welsha » Mon May 09, 2011 10:44 am

Do you have an updated ETA for the Phone 7 version?

Cheers
welsha

Postby N4Spd » Mon May 09, 2011 11:18 am

I hope to have a phone7 version in 2-3 months.

Beware that someone else released apps named "IP Cam Viewer" on phone7 which is NOT mine and has terrible reviews.
Same goes for iOS and Blackberry unfortunately.

Thanks for your support,
Rob

welsha wrote:Do you have an updated ETA for the Phone 7 version?

Cheers
N4Spd

Postby Rosenhauer » Wed May 18, 2011 8:19 pm

I have a no-name camera system that I am able to connect to with my Android phone using your free app using the Everfocus EDVS/EDVR profile. We purchased the iPhone version and it lists every Everfocus model that the android version has EXCEPT the one we need.

Is there any chance of getting that added to the iOS version?
Rosenhauer

Postby N4Spd » Thu May 19, 2011 8:39 am

the plan is to port all drivers from Android to iOS but it'll take some time. thx rob

Rosenhauer wrote:I have a no-name camera system that I am able to connect to with my Android phone using your free app using the Everfocus EDVS/EDVR profile. We purchased the iPhone version and it lists every Everfocus model that the android version has EXCEPT the one we need.

Is there any chance of getting that added to the iOS version?
N4Spd

Postby natebee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:41 pm

I've been a long time user of your android app, it's great to see you on my ipad. I have a Dahua system, and will be glad when you get that ported over to the iphone / ipad app.

Keep up the great work!
natebee

Next

Return to Discussions