IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

TrendNET TV-IP410 broken with latest release

Support for my free Android Applications.

TrendNET TV-IP410 broken with latest release

Postby Sateev » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:08 am

First, let me say that this app is just about the coolest app I have on my G1. It worked almost flawlessly, until the most recent (2.3.8) update. I have the paid version, BTW.

Currently, when I initiate a 'preset change', it comes back "Preset Change Failed" immediately, and takes a VERY long time to refresh the picture. However, when the picture finally gets refreshed, the intended preset change HAS occurred. Previously, it worked as it should, except that the presets seem to be off by -1, i.e., preset 1 had no effect, preset 2 initiated actual preset 1, etc.

This seems to be a problem ONLY with the TrendNET TV-IPxxx, as far as I can tell, since the other cams I look at work as advertised.

I hope you can address this in a future release, because I really like the app, and have shown it to many people, who have, in turn, downloaded it.

Thanks,
Steve
Sateev

Re: TrendNET TV-IP410 broken with latest release

Postby Sateev » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:13 am

I should have noted that this problem (the "preset change failed") occurs when connected by 3G or EDGE, and apparently NOT when connected by WiFi. Sorry I didn't make this clear before.

Steve
Sateev

Re: TrendNET TV-IP410 broken with latest release

Postby N4Spd » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Ok, the last version changed the cmd timeout (ptz,preset,home,etc) to 4 seconds from 20 seconds so it's probably timing out too much. I extended it to 10 seconds for commands which seem to be reasonable on edge at my house. Please give the latest version a try and let me know...

thanks, rob
N4Spd

Return to Support