IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

Show camera passwords in IP Cam Viewer?

Support for my free Android Applications.

Show camera passwords in IP Cam Viewer?

Postby strongkv » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Is there a way to view camera passwords in IP Cam Viewer? Rather than the password just being shown as bullets.

I have a couple of cameras that I originally bought and used with the Lowe’s Iris system. At the time, the Iris platform did also allow viewing of the cameras with the RTSP feed to other apps, and I had set them up with IP Cam Viewer. The username and passwords were provided by the Iris portal, and I had typed them in to the IP Cam Viewer app directly, without making a record of the credentials elsewhere. However, when Lowe’s shutdown the Iris platform, I forgot to make a note of the camera passwords before it was shutdown.

So now the only place where the passwords are stored is in the IP Cam Viewer app. However, there doesn’t appear to be a way to view the actual passwords. And I see that when a camera configuration is exported to an XML file, the password appears to be encoded, presumably with a secret key inside the app, which makes sense for security reasons.

Is there any way to view the actual passwords? I really need to try to get into the camera admin and make some changes, and the factory reset mechanism doesn’t seem to work.
strongkv

Return to Support