IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

IP Camera Viewer Issue - Droid vs Ipad Version

Information about my free Android Applications available in the Android Market for cell phones and embedded devices.

IP Camera Viewer Issue - Droid vs Ipad Version

Postby jmoyles2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:31 pm

I have both the android and IPad version (just purchased) of IP Camera Viewer.

I can get my cameras to work with the droid, but not the iPad.

On the Droid I have set up (This works fine on the droid. They are Night Owl FS DVR Cameras)
====
Night Owl - Night Owl FS DVR
http://10.10.1.45:9000 (internal IP address)
Camera 1
Video Checked

On the iPad there isn't a Night Owl - Night Owl FS DVR option. There is a Night Owl - Night Owl FS DVR w/Web Port

When I set up the camera as "Night Owl - Night Owl FS DVR w/Web Port" it doesn't work.

I've also tried exporting the Droid camera and importing it to the iPad. The import works, however the camera does not.

Testing the camera says "testing connection" for about 30 seconds then says error "could not retrieve data"

I can ping the Night Owl DVR from the iPad.

Is there a possibility we can get the second camera type for Night Owl (Night Owl FS DVR) added to the iPad version?
jmoyles2

Re: IP Camera Viewer Issue - Droid vs Ipad Version

Postby N4Spd » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:59 pm

the ipad does not have the h.264 or audio codecs yet. once they get ported over, then more drivers (which require those codecs) can be ported as well. just a matter of time. thx rob
N4Spd

Re: IP Camera Viewer Issue - Droid vs Ipad Version

Postby stubadub » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 pm

OP, can you post all info for setting this up in the droid, dvr & router? i cant seem to get the right combination entered. I can vnc to my pc fine then use IE exploxer but cannot get a direct connection, cell to dvr.

I'm using IP Cam Viewer on a Droid Inredible to a Night Owl DVR-LION 4 channel. I added ports in my router but cant connect any which way i try, ip cam, vnc, vpn, remote desktop.
stubadub

Return to Discussions