IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

IP Cam Viewer

Information about my free Android Applications available in the Android Market for cell phones and embedded devices.

Re: IP Cam Viewer

Postby chocolait » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Robert,
I have used your app, IP Cam Viewer Pro for several months now and I like it.
But recently I bought a Grandstream GXV3601 HD and I can't seem to connect to it using the Grandstream video server.
Please help. Thanks in advance.
chocolait

Postby Stokstaart » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Dear Robert,

first of all thank you for your great app(s)!!!

I recently bought an D-link DCS-930L and the viewing part works like a charm!!

however, i do not seem to be able to start the motion detect function on the camera.....Is there any workaround??

Keep up the good work!!!

With kind regards
Hubald Alberti
Stokstaart

Postby voip-ninja » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Is there any support for this app? I purchased IP Cam Viewer Pro for iOS as it indicated compatibility with my Synology NVR, but I can't get it to work with it.
voip-ninja

Postby N4Spd » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm

There's probably a compatible driver already in the app. Use Scan Camera function to find compatible drivers.

If you only want Wifi access to camera, then first, make sure you can see the camera's web login page using your phone/tablet browser on Wifi.

If you want 2/3/4g access to camera, then first, make sure you can view the camera/dvr using a desktop PC Browser from OUTSIDE your home wifi.
See this link for info: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47

Once that works, then try my app. The "Scan Camera" function can help when you're not sure of the make/model. Try scanning the device's WEB/MEDIA/MOBILE/DATA ports (shown in device settings).

If Scan Camera return no results, then try to find a driver by DVR port:
http://hit-mob.com/contact/default-ports-for-devices/

If you still have problems, even AFTER scanning ALL device's ports, then give me temporary access to it and I'll try to connect.

Just email me the web login URL and a temporary username/password.

Also, include the make/model and a product url link (if possible).

Thanks,
Rob
N4Spd

Postby N4Spd » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:43 pm

There's probably a compatible driver already in the app. Use Scan Camera function to find compatible drivers.

If you only want Wifi access to camera, then first, make sure you can see the camera's web login page using your phone/tablet browser on Wifi.

If you want 2/3/4g access to camera, then first, make sure you can view the camera/dvr using a desktop PC Browser from OUTSIDE your home wifi.
See this link for info: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47

Once that works, then try my app. The "Scan Camera" function can help when you're not sure of the make/model. Try scanning the device's WEB/MEDIA/MOBILE/DATA ports (shown in device settings).

If Scan Camera return no results, then try to find a driver by DVR port:
http://hit-mob.com/contact/default-ports-for-devices/

If you still have problems, even AFTER scanning ALL device's ports, then give me temporary access to it and I'll try to connect.

Just email me the web login URL and a temporary username/password.

Also, include the make/model and a product url link (if possible).

Thanks,
Rob
N4Spd

Postby voip-ninja » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:10 am

Hi Rob,

I will send you a PM. The NVR in question is the Synology Surveillance Station, and there is a driver in the application for it, but it does not appear to work, even on the same local network.

From the browser on the iPad there is no trouble getting into the surveillance station and seeing the camera feeds using the same access port # and credentials that I am feeding to IP Cam Viewer.

IP Cam Viewer DOES work with my individual cameras, but I was hoping to leverage the DVR capability so that I don't have to build firewall rules and forward ports for all of my different cameras, which is going to be a bit of a headache.

Thanks,

J
voip-ninja

Postby voip-ninja » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Rob,

I sent you a PM and created a test account for you on my security system but as of yet I show no access from you testing it out. Let me know if you are still interested in doing this as otherwise I will be deleting the account and requesting an app refund from Apple for the purchase since it doesn't meet my needs without the NVR access capability to my Synology.

P.S. I updated the app and tried with the new version and still no dice.
voip-ninja

BackgroundService causing Wakelocks

Postby stbi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi,

in the recent versions, the IPCamViewer "BackgroundService" is causing many "Partial Wakelocks" (according to "Better Battery Stats"), and draining my battery quicker in standby mode. Since I reverted to version 3.7.9, the problem is gone. Is this a known problem?

I'm using an "LG Optimus Black", still running Android 2.2.2. I don't have any IPCamViewer Widgets on my Homescreens.

Why does this Background Service have to run at all, even if no Widgets are used?

Stefan
stbi

Postby danielfragabr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 pm

What's the minimum hardware requirement for a tablet to stream 720p video encoded in H264, 30 fps? What processor and RAM would be the ideal configuration?

I have a Genesis GT-7230 tablet with A5 1,2GHz processor and 512MB RAM, is it enough?
danielfragabr

Re: IP Cam Viewer/4CH USB QQDVR

Postby ivulpe » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:21 am

Hi Rob,

First of all, thanks for this great app, i bought the full version a while ago and I'm happy i did. Wondering if you can help me with my 4 channel USB DVR. I recently purchased this unit and i can't make it work with your app. This product comes with a DVR software and an android app but i can't seem to make their app work either and plus I'd prefer using your app. This link is for the 8 channel version of the QQDVR and has the mobile app in the software download section (http://onsalecctv.com/index.php?main_pa ... cts_id=399). So far i forwarded port 9881 as per instruction manual and did the scan with your app but no success. Please let me know if there's anything you can do to help.

Best,
Iulian
ivulpe

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions