IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

IP Cam Viewer

Information about my free Android Applications available in the Android Market for cell phones and embedded devices.

Re: IP Cam Viewer - Linksys WVC54G support

Postby N4Spd » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:17 pm

try the latest "Linksys WVC54G MPEG4" driver and it'll have audio

cameo wrote:After trying to view this old cam's stream with all kinds of browsers only to get a response that MPEG-4 is only supported in IE browser, I pretty much resigned myself to defeat. Then, after several guys suggested Robert Chou's IP Cam Viewer, I gave it a try on my HTC Amaze 4G phone. First I tried the Lite version and to my surprise, it had the WVC54G model's driver built in and I was soon looking at a live stream on my phone. The only thing I could not get with the video was the sound. Figuring that might be available in the paid Pro version, I soon installed that one. Unfortunately no sound on that one, either. Though I am not sorry to pay for what I've got but I wonder if I did not configure something right on the Viewer or for that particular model it is just not possible to get the sound in an Android app.
N4Spd

Re: IP Cam Viewer

Postby PeterRH » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:07 am

N4Spd wrote:the latest version has a "AVN80X" driver.

PeterRH wrote:Please let me know if the AVTECH AVN80X IP camera is supported. Its not on the latest device list but I guess may be the same as other AVTECH cameras that are listed.

Thanks, that's great. Its not on latest device list (02/16/2012 v4.3.7) but mabe its waiting to be added.
PeterRH

Postby PeterRH » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:47 pm

PeterRH wrote:
N4Spd wrote:the latest version has a "AVN80X" driver.

PeterRH wrote:Please let me know if the AVTECH AVN80X IP camera is supported. Its not on the latest device list but I guess may be the same as other AVTECH cameras that are listed.

Thanks, that's great. Its not on latest device list (02/16/2012 v4.3.7) but mabe its waiting to be added.

Seems I got excited too soon as it now appears that although the latest version of IP Cam Viewer has a driver for my camera (AVTECH AVN80X), this driver doesnt work on the Playbook version of IP Cam Viewer. Now the Playbook has the new OS (OS2) with some support for Androd apps will this make any difference to Playbook support for my camera?
PeterRH

Postby rupert720 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:57 am

Nice post.really professional.
There is another way for us to know that. Just as I have a Loftek CXS 2200, I always turn to loftek tech customer service for help.
rupert720

Postby cihm52 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:11 am

Two issues:

. Any reported problems installing on Android ICS? I'm using a relatively new Google/Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus and it won't install, just fails to continue the install and gives no message.

. Any reported problems with webcams on Cablevision? I can see it from one PC to another on my internal network but not from outside. I have tried passing-thru ports 10123, 10111 and straight-up 8080 to no avail. My router is a Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT v2.4.

Thanks!

-Chris
cihm52

Regarding IP camera model supporting 2 way audio

Postby skaruman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:10 am

Hi every one,

Please let me know if the Edimax IC 3010 model IP camera supports two way audio from an Android smart phone. If yes, please reply with HTTP API supporting transmitting back the audio to IP camera.

Thanks & Regards,
Sudheer Karumanchi
skaruman

Postby mohansen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:43 am

I am a new user to the IP Cam Viewer app and still learning all the features. Very powerful.

I would like to see if this capability exists already or would be a new feature request. I see on the screen where you can control the individual camera, I see on some models there is a light on/off button. I am guessing this is for cameras that control a relay to turn on a light. It would be great if there was a way to assign a URL to one of these buttons. I have a ISY controller where I can send a specific URL to turn on a light and a different URL to turn the light off. Viewing a specific camera and having the ability to turn the light on and off would be very powerful.

While I don't know how the software is setup, it seems like most cameras just use a URL to control the camera so having a "generic" button where the user can assign any URL to it would be handy.

Does this exist already?

Thanks,
mohansen

Postby lons » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:01 am

Hi,
I have one TCLINK ANC-808 and a DLINK DCS-5635 (same as 5605 but with Wifi), both Cameras support Auto/Manual Focus but only the TCLink has the option in IP Cam Viewer.
The Dlink has also a DVR function.
Please, can you add these functions for the DLINK DCS-5635?

Thanks, Lons
lons

Postby LazerGlow » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Any idea if it's possible to get the Listen and Talk ability with my MayGion IP Camera V3 using the Android app? Maybe even Relay control eventually... I would love an update!
LazerGlow

Postby Cypriot » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:24 am

Hi There,
Is there anyway running IP CAM viewer on QNAP NAS ? or on a linux machine ? we are using Wansview cameras and want to record videos onto NAS but cant see how to do this...
Cypriot

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions