IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

User discussions, tips, questions and answers, etc. for the Walkie Talkie Application for Android cell phones and embedded devices available in the Android Market

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby N4Spd » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:40 pm

The latest version has some fixes for ZERO sdcard conditions where the app would force close or eat messages. It should alert if the sdcard is full or not writable. Also, the latest version has fixes for Sprint Hero and Verizon Droid.

Please give it a try,
thanks,
rob
N4Spd
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby rafaelwv » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:08 am

Hi Rob!

I am using the Full version while my wife is using the lite. We can both see the messages in our GMAIL.COM inboxes, they are also received in the inboxes on the phones, but the program does not recognize the new message n the inbox. It was working 2-3 Weeks before, than it began with some messages that disappeared and now it is not working anymore.

We are both on Gmail.com

Regards,

Rafael

N4Spd wrote:The latest version has some fixes for ZERO sdcard conditions where the app would force close or eat messages. It should alert if the sdcard is full or not writable. Also, the latest version has fixes for Sprint Hero and Verizon Droid.

Please give it a try,
thanks,
rob



Hi Rob!

Ok, O downloades the new version on a Milestone, on a G1 and on a Magic.
i tried different email accounts, from google, yahoo.com, yahoo.es, yahoo.de, Google Apps (with own domain) and web.de

It is not working!
There IS in fact a voice message that is sent, and the message arrives at the inbox, BUT it is not shown on the walkytalky APP.

I also tried switching between IMAP and POP3 settings (not with google, that does now work because of certificate error), and also: no incoming message on the app, but there is a new message (with voice attachment) in the "normal" inbox.

I really don't know why this happens. i did not before, 'cos a few weeks earlier, the app worked perfectly and the setting were not changed since than. It stopped from one day to another.

i think WalkyTalky is at the moment to only app with a good design, a nice GUI and a theoretically working concept, so I would really LOVE to use it. But I don't understand why it isn't working.

Kind regards,

Rafael
rafaelwv
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby rafaelwv » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:27 am

N4Spd wrote:The latest version has some fixes for ZERO sdcard conditions where the app would force close or eat messages. It should alert if the sdcard is full or not writable. Also, the latest version has fixes for Sprint Hero and Verizon Droid.

Please give it a try,
thanks,
rob


Hello Rob,

see edit of my last post, I really tried everything, but with the same effect: messages go out, but they don't arrive in the app, they only are shown in the email inbox.

Regards,

Rafael
rafaelwv
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby N4Spd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:15 am

I just released 0.7.6 with some potential fixes for this issue. Please give it a try and let me know. thanks, rob
N4Spd
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby housefull » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:14 pm

I am having the same problem and its beginning to bug me. Just as the thread starter I have all the troubleshooting steps and still no walkies! I have no filters in my gtalk and no one on my block list . My buddies are all experiencing the same problems so its must be something wrong with walkie
housefull
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby carolyny476 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:54 am

sandyrochard wrote:Hi Everyone,
I think that possible of the two reasons where your Walkie-Talkie push not receiving the signal:Ensure you are in the AT&T ALL OVER coverage area and that your PTT service is online. (Check your idle screen to ensure you have a radio signal. This can be tested by making a regular phone call.)There are two other reasons you may not be receiving Push to Talk calls. Your phone may be set to Do Not Disturb or it may be in Silent or Vibrate mode.


I also think so.
carolyny476
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 am

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby amandak695 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:12 am

sandyrochard wrote:Hi Everyone,
I think that possible of the two reasons where your Walkie-Talkie push not receiving the signal:Ensure you are in the AT&T ALL OVER coverage area and that your PTT service is online. (Check your idle screen to ensure you have a radio signal. This can be tested by making a regular phone call.)There are two other reasons you may not be receiving Push to Talk calls. Your phone may be set to Do Not Disturb or it may be in Silent or Vibrate mode.

I also think so.
amandak695
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:52 am

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby teresap989 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Chanel wrote:I am having the same problem and its beginning to bug me. Just as the thread starter I have all the troubleshooting steps and still no walkies! I have no filters in my gtalk and no one on my block list . My buddies are all experiencing the same problems so its must be something wrong with walkie

I also think so.thanks



__________________
watch free movies online
teresap989
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby Vision » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 am

same problem here... any hint???

thx
Vision
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:40 am

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby rolfovo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 am

I have the same problem. PTT messages remain in the inbox and are not delivered to mobile phones.
Will fix this author? I have a paid version and phone LG Optimus Chic (E720)
Thanks Rolf
rolfovo
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:34 am

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest