IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

User discussions, tips, questions and answers, etc. for the Walkie Talkie Application for Android cell phones and embedded devices available in the Android Market

Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby viper4774 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:20 am

My wife and both got the paid version of the push to talk. and it worked for all of about 2 to 3 days. then suddenly she asking why i haven't repied to her and i had no idea she tried to reach me. I can send a message to her and she will receive it but if she send one to me it does go into my [IMAP]/Trash label but thats where is ends. When i send a message out it does go out and is filed in the [IMAP]/Sent label. i have done EVERYTHING that i can think of as far as troubleshoot to the best of my abilities. I've uninstalled the program, i've restarted my G1, i've restored my G1, used different email accounts and even created a totally new account just for the G1. So now that i am at my wits end i humblely ask...please help!!!
viper4774

Re: Walkie - Talkie Push to talk not receiving....

Postby N4Spd » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:13 pm

hmm... log into gmail and see if there's any filters that auto deleting ptt messages. let me know... robert [dot] chou [at] gmail.com. rob
N4Spd

Postby N4Spd » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:22 pm

also, on your phone, click menu, and then "manage block list". see if you're wife if on the blocked list. thx rob
N4Spd

Postby Chanel » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:26 am

I am having the same problem and its beginning to bug me. Just as the thread starter I have all the troubleshooting steps and still no walkies! I have no filters in my gtalk and no one on my block list . My buddies are all experiencing the same problems so its must be something wrong with walkie
Chanel

Postby N4Spd » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:36 am

Please send me a walkie talkie message so I can see what maybe wrong with these messages (also email me that you've sent something so I know to look just in case). robert [dot] chou [at] gmail [dot] com

Chanel wrote:I am having the same problem and its beginning to bug me. Just as the thread starter I have all the troubleshooting steps and still no walkies! I have no filters in my gtalk and no one on my block list . My buddies are all experiencing the same problems so its must be something wrong with walkie
N4Spd

Postby jsmanrique » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:35 am

Has this problem been solved?

How?

Some friends of mine have installed the app, with similar problems... I have Gmail's IMAP enabled, I see on Gmail the voice messages, but my phone (HTC Magic) doesn't receive them (but I can send voice messages).

I have also created a "Walkie" tag on Gmail to store PPT "start with" emails, and I've configured IMAP Path to "Walkie", but it doesn't work. Only one of my friends have it working right, with same setup.

Thanks and best regards
jsmanrique

Postby N4Spd » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Walkie Talkie checks the "Inbox" for new PTT messages. Once it reads it, it will delete it.
If you tag and automatically put the PTT messages in a separate mailbox then Walkie Talkie won't see them.

thanks,
rob

jsmanrique wrote:Has this problem been solved?

How?

Some friends of mine have installed the app, with similar problems... I have Gmail's IMAP enabled, I see on Gmail the voice messages, but my phone (HTC Magic) doesn't receive them (but I can send voice messages).

I have also created a "Walkie" tag on Gmail to store PPT "start with" emails, and I've configured IMAP Path to "Walkie", but it doesn't work. Only one of my friends have it working right, with same setup.

Thanks and best regards
N4Spd

Postby cics » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:59 am

Hi

I have the same issue, it all started from September the 13rd. I can send (with HTC Magic) and receive all messages, but both my brothers and a friend, all with a HTC Hero can't receive my messages.

We created several gmail accounts for testing and I can see my messages are still in their inbox on gmail, which mean PTT is unable to synchronize and download them to the phone. No filters are setup in gmail, no one is in PTT block-list.

logcat show new=0 while all them have at least 6 messages from me in their gmail's inbox.

D/WalkieTalkieService( 2492): ***** WalkieTalkie Service *****: checking msgs
D/WalkieTalkieService( 2492): *** WalkieTalkie Service: synchronizeMailboxFinished: total=0 new=0
D/WalkieTalkieService( 2492): *** WalkieTalkie Service: checkMailFinished

Let me know if there are anything else I can do to help you track down this bug.

(Attached 2 screenshots)
Attachments
screenshot2.png
Show one of email in "details".
screenshot2.png (23.91 KiB) Viewed 18095 times
screenshot1.png
Screenshot shows messages are still in inbox
screenshot1.png (78.12 KiB) Viewed 18057 times
cics

Postby sandyrochard » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:49 am

Hi Everyone,
I think that possible of the two reasons where your Walkie-Talkie push not receiving the signal:Ensure you are in the AT&T ALL OVER coverage area and that your PTT service is online. (Check your idle screen to ensure you have a radio signal. This can be tested by making a regular phone call.)There are two other reasons you may not be receiving Push to Talk calls. Your phone may be set to Do Not Disturb or it may be in Silent or Vibrate mode.
sandyrochard

Postby cics » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:54 am

After update Magic to Sense, ppt no longer working. Same problem as Hero users. Did lot of tests, everything we send remain in inbox at gmail and ppt fails to download those messages.
cics

Next

Return to Discussions