IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras     Cheap Wifi Pan/Tilt/Audio Camera with Good Night Vision    

My Business Cards

Never run out of business cards. One click access to your digital card. Show QR Code, share and print vCard. Scan and import incoming cards to a separate database for searching and sharing. Keep business and friends separate.

My Business Cards

Postby N4Spd » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:31 pm

You can download both the paid version and the lite version from the Android market. You can also download the Lite APK direct here. The Lite version limits the card database size but allows you to upgrade to full features within the app using PayPal.
---

Recently, I saw an EVP of a large company say: "Sorry, I can't give you this business card because it's my last one".

This got me wondering why in 2009, giving business cards and receiving cards should ever be a problem when everyone (just about) has a phone (that is a portable always-on connected assistant)...

So, I wrote this program to:

1. give you one click access to your digital business card.
You enter your info once. One click and a 2D QR Code barcode shows up, allowing other people to scan (and decode into a card database). If they can't scan barcodes, then they can take a picture of the text version of your card. If they don't have a phone, then you can share your card via email/print/etc...

bizcards1.png
bizcards1.png (20.21 KiB) Viewed 31218 times

2. give you the ability to scan other people's business cards into a card database that is separate from your built-in contacts database. Hey, not everyone I get a card from is a "friend". Of course, you can export and import to/from your built-in contacts database. Searching your cards database, you can also share/email/print/etc each card. Of course, you can also call/email/link using information digitized from each card.

bizcards2.png
bizcards2.png (20.91 KiB) Viewed 29480 times

Basically, this is an electronic business card exchange and storage program. Next release will allow you to OCR any business card to bridge with older card carrying people.

keywords: vCard meCard QR Code barcode .vcf import export contact database scan OCR business phone number email website url title company name address memo
N4Spd

Re: My Business Cards

Postby ChrisAGI » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:08 pm

hi rob, i always wonder can QR code include a small graphic let's say a logo or some sort? if so this could be a plus to your business card app.. ppl recognize graphic better than words...

just a quick thoughts..
ChrisAGI

Re: My Business Cards

Postby baarlow » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:23 am

How can i convert some vCard file to excel file so that i can transfer my mobile contacts to an excel file ? i have transfered all the contacts of my nokia mobile to my pc, now i want to export these files to an excel file, but i can't do it. please tell how can i export all vCard files to excel at one go !
baarlow

Return to My Business Cards