IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

newer canon bjnp printers

Print directly to network printers. No PC Required. Enhances existing menus to add printing for contacts, photos, text files, todo lists, and more. Print jobs are queued until printer becomes available. Background service to render and send print job. "Copier Mode" turns phone into a copy machine (full page w/bgnd removal).

newer canon bjnp printers

Postby N4Spd » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:37 am

Older canon's used lpd raw ports 9100 like hp but newer printers like the mx850 uses a custom bjnp protocol at port 8611. I'll put that protocol on the todo list...

If anyone is willing to offer temporary network access for integration, that would be awesome.
robert [dot] chou [at] gmail [dot] com
N4Spd

Re: newer canon bjnp printers

Postby robboser » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:15 am

Has this protocol ever been implemented for the send 2 printer app?
I downloaded the app and could not get it to print to my Canon MX700 printer connected to my router through an Ethernet cable.
It seemed to think it had found the printer when I had it set for port 80, but no test page would print. I also tried the canon default 8611 and it would not find the printer. Would gladly repurchase and use this app if it would support my printer.
What do you mean when you are asking if anyone would offer temporary network access for integration? If you are simply asking for someone to offer remote access to their home network please send me a PM or email explaining more. I would be happy to help in away way I can.
Thanks
robboser

Postby N4Spd » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Yes, this protocol was added. Select "BJNP" for queue type and it should default the port to 8611.

thanks,
rob

robboser wrote:Has this protocol ever been implemented for the send 2 printer app?
I downloaded the app and could not get it to print to my Canon MX700 printer connected to my router through an Ethernet cable.
It seemed to think it had found the printer when I had it set for port 80, but no test page would print. I also tried the canon default 8611 and it would not find the printer. Would gladly repurchase and use this app if it would support my printer.
What do you mean when you are asking if anyone would offer temporary network access for integration? If you are simply asking for someone to offer remote access to their home network please send me a PM or email explaining more. I would be happy to help in away way I can.
Thanks
N4Spd

Postby robboser » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:43 am

Thank you,
Now for my next question. I have a Canon MX700 inkjet printer connected to my wireless router with an ethernet cable. I have 3 computers in the house and used the provided canon installation CD to automatically detect settings and install drivers. They all print. I know the IP address that routes to the printer. If I type 192.168.1.2 in my browser it directs me to the status page of my printer. The app will still nt print a test page or find the printer. For Printer type in the settings I do not see generic Inkjet or Canon Inkjet, is that the reason, or is there something else with my setup that I am missing?
Thanks
robboser

Postby N4Spd » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Well, I searched online for this printer and it doesn't seem to support postscript or pcl so it would need a canon specific page rendering languge renderer (which I don't have yet). For now, just un-install. Unlike cameras, it's really hard for me to keep buying printers (and the manufacturers are not helping by often making each printer different page language). I already have 6 printers but it's not scalable unfortunately. With cameras, I just need network access to it and Wireshark and I can reverse it most of the time. rob

robboser wrote:Thank you,
Now for my next question. I have a Canon MX700 inkjet printer connected to my wireless router with an ethernet cable. I have 3 computers in the house and used the provided canon installation CD to automatically detect settings and install drivers. They all print. I know the IP address that routes to the printer. If I type 192.168.1.2 in my browser it directs me to the status page of my printer. The app will still nt print a test page or find the printer. For Printer type in the settings I do not see generic Inkjet or Canon Inkjet, is that the reason, or is there something else with my setup that I am missing?
Thanks
N4Spd

Postby robboser » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:13 pm

N4Spd wrote:Well, I searched online for this printer and it doesn't seem to support postscript or pcl so it would need a canon specific page rendering languge renderer (which I don't have yet). For now, just un-install. Unlike cameras, it's really hard for me to keep buying printers (and the manufacturers are not helping by often making each printer different page language). I already have 6 printers but it's not scalable unfortunately. With cameras, I just need network access to it and Wireshark and I can reverse it most of the time. rob

man, Canon wants to make it difficult for me to print from my phone. Uninstall isn't an option at this point. I've had the app for longer then the one day trial period, and I had already uninstalled and reinstalled once and google says that no refunds after the first time.
I guess one of two things will happen. Maybe one day you will have access to one and add support, or maybe one day I will upgrade printers. Anyways thank you for taking your time to try and help me :D
robboser

Postby mithunt » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:33 pm

Thanks for sharing. :roll:
mithunt

Postby riderhelles » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:40 am

I had read the thread and it is a nice details And I had search a lot of the things on the internet and it is a nice details about the printer. I hope this things is a benefit to me and the other person .
riderhelles

Return to Send 2 Printer