IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

Podcasts on Nook Color

Are you tired of clicking download, waiting, and then no time to listen? With this app, click on an episode and start listening right away.

Podcasts on Nook Color

Postby herbw456 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:40 am

I purchased the Podcast app for my nook color and it works great with NPR, Security Now, PBS Newshour, and This Week In Tech; however, I did't sign up for any of them. But the programs I tried to download I get a reponse that no podcasts are available, even though there are many available. Probably entering the station info wrong but I'd sure like to get a discussion going on how to access new stations.
Herb W. Hixson, TN
herbw456

Re: Podcasts on Nook Color

Postby jjgosse » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:25 am

I hope this isn't too late. I exported the podcast file through the Settings > Export. This creates a file called Podcast.xml. I then connected my Nook Color to the computer, opened the file with notepad and edited the XML tags. Just copy a section that includes all the tags from <Podcast> to </Podcast> and paste it to the end but make sure it goes in before the closing switch </list>. The tags are pretty self explanatory if you aren't used to XML . I think the only one that is really important in the one where you put the URL in (<urlRss> and </urlRss>). Save the file and do an Import back in to Streaming Podcasts (Settings > Import). I added rss feed for Stuff You Missed in History Class and some other NPR podcasts this way. I hope this helps.
jjgosse

Return to Streaming Podcasts