IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

DSC Alarm Monitor

Information about my free Android Applications available in the Android Market for cell phones and embedded devices.

Re: DSC Alarm Monitor

Postby golden » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:49 am

Hey!

I discovered this app on the app store. Running iphone 4 with ios 5.

Have a DSC power series system and just installed the tl-150 yesterday. I can't get the app to connect to the tl-150 on my network. I'm not sure if I should have be DHCP server assign the IP or if I should set an IP on the tl-150. I've tried both and i cannot get the app the connect to the module. I see that my router picks up the module and assigns an IP when the reciever reporting address is set to 0.0.0.0. So I know its connecting to my network. Everytime I do a test i get the following error:

"Could not connect to alarm: A connection failure occured"

Do I have to change any other settings on the tl-150 beside the ip (if that) or the port number? I guess i should maybe mention that my alarm has a 3g modem to communicate with central station.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
golden

Postby golden » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 am

Ok. So i figured out the problem on my network. For some reason the app or the tl-150 does not like when you change the port number from anything else than 80 on the app side. ADMIN - can you tell me why that is? I would like to port foward to any other port besides the internet port, i.e. 400.

Also, on the 3g side, when I hit the test button, the connection result comes back successful, but then the status screen never loads. Status is just loading. Not sure what the problem is here.

Again, any response is helpful.

Thanks!
golden

Postby golden » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:15 pm

I am very pleased with the App itself and it works great over my local wifi and over an IPSec VPN connection I setup on my iPhone! Thank you!

I do have a few questions about the App itself.

Would it be possible for you to add a feature that would allow you to toggle the stay and away modes when arming? Currently the only option is the away mode.

Also, why is port 80 the only acceptable port that the app will connect to the tl-150 with?

I appreciate your response in advance!
golden

Postby SteveJ » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:24 pm

+1 for the ability to do Away mode arming. And if you don't want to offer a choice in the app interface, please at least consider making "Away" the default arming mode. If we're using our smart phone to arm our alarm, chances are we're away from the house. :)

Also, I'd like to make a feature request to support more than one alarm system. This app is perfect for my vacation home, but I want to be able to monitor and interact with my DSC system at my primary residence, too. Separate tabs or pages for additional systems would be great! Currently, I have to change the IP, port, code, AND password if I want to access a different system.

Thanks!
SteveJ

Postby doublel85 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Is there any way that you can add an option to not continuously monitor the alarm? I would just like to be able to arm and disarm. Does it really have to update every 3 secs all the time?
doublel85

Postby N4Spd » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:28 pm

it doesn't. widget refresh rate is like 15 minutes (if you use it).
N4Spd

Postby doublel85 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Did the new firmware upgrade for the Envisalink affect the operation of the app? Both of my apps stopped working today at the time the firmware update was released.
doublel85

Postby euphos » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:45 am

I'm using this, and due to port 80 being used by other web server stuff, I assigned a different port (and set up port forwarding on my router) to use externally via my phone. I also tried a second instance for inside my home using the default 192.168.X.X w/ port 80. Both times when I hit "Test", it comes back as sucessful. But then I go to the main screen, and the Sytsm and zones are all listed as unknown. Can the developer or anyone else chime in on this? I really want to have the widget on my home page of my phone that shows my security system status.
euphos

Postby VA3IRQ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 am

Hello,

I am in the market to install a DSC system. Will the TL260 or TL260GS work with this App?
Any response will be appreciated.
VA3IRQ

Postby N4Spd » Tue May 22, 2012 1:04 pm

probably not
N4Spd

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions