IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

planned new feature, what do you think?

Support for my free Android Applications.

Re: planned new feature, what do you think?

Postby Adr6000 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:45 pm

I have used record feature and it works excellent. The only issue I have is that it automatically creates a new folder for every minute of recorded image/s. If you want it to record say one image every two minutes, it will place one image in one folder every two minutes. I would end up with hundreds of folders containing one image each. The record feature is a great addition to an already great app. Thanks.
Adr6000
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:38 am

Re: planned new feature, what do you think?

Postby N4Spd » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:24 pm

a future release will hide all of this.

the idea is embed a web server and create a playback HTML5 web interface.
the interface will hopefully easily allow you to find and playback clips.

you can then make this web interface available online just like a dvr.

as a BONUS, the web interface will provide a standard way to get the current snapshot of ALL cameras supported by my app.
this will make a simple way to embed the snapshot in your web pages regardless of which camera you have.

thx rob

Adr6000 wrote:I have used record feature and it works excellent. The only issue I have is that it automatically creates a new folder for every minute of recorded image/s. If you want it to record say one image every two minutes, it will place one image in one folder every two minutes. I would end up with hundreds of folders containing one image each. The record feature is a great addition to an already great app. Thanks.
N4Spd
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: planned new feature, what do you think?

Postby scoutx » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:49 am

Great work, this is great.

Any chance you'd consider adding a trigger to start recording (and maybe pop a notification) based on a detected change? I know motion detection is not an easy thing, but this to me would be the killer addition. I am looking forward to what I can do with this in addition to Tasker to maybe do my own motion detection.

Thanks!
User avatar
scoutx
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:23 am

Re: planned new feature, what do you think?

Postby N4Spd » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:56 am

per day on/off time will come in a future release. motion detection will come too (will come much later since I've got lots of stuff of to do still). thx rob

scoutx wrote:Great work, this is great.

Any chance you'd consider adding a trigger to start recording (and maybe pop a notification) based on a detected change? I know motion detection is not an easy thing, but this to me would be the killer addition. I am looking forward to what I can do with this in addition to Tasker to maybe do my own motion detection.

Thanks!
N4Spd
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: planned new feature, what do you think?

Postby asande » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:25 am

I've been playing around with the record mode a bit and it seems to be working well on my Coby tablet... Initially, I was a little concerned about the "individual image files" created (as I'm recording as fast as my camera will stream the data, I get a bunch of images in each "minute's" folder) - but once they've been all combined in to the same directory, I was able to easily convert them into a real video stream using the Img2Avi application.

Img2Avi is written by the author of the VisionGS webcam capture software that I use to manage several of my webcams on PCs - and will convert a series of still images into a video file. More information can be found at http://workshop.visiongs.de/img2avi - the application's help page (download link is at the bottom). While VisionGS is a commercial application, img2avi is a free software tool that works great for turning individual images into video clips.

Again, thanks for the great new feature, Rob... It'll come in very handy this summer at the gold mine when I want to do "unplanned recordings" of one or more of the mine web cams. Hopefully you don't mind me posting the above links - but img2avi is a great addition to your record mode.

Al
asande
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:47 am

Re: planned new feature, what do you think?

Postby N4Spd » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:49 pm

awesome. thanks for the tips! rob

asande wrote:I've been playing around with the record mode a bit and it seems to be working well on my Coby tablet... Initially, I was a little concerned about the "individual image files" created (as I'm recording as fast as my camera will stream the data, I get a bunch of images in each "minute's" folder) - but once they've been all combined in to the same directory, I was able to easily convert them into a real video stream using the Img2Avi application.

Img2Avi is written by the author of the VisionGS webcam capture software that I use to manage several of my webcams on PCs - and will convert a series of still images into a video file. More information can be found at http://workshop.visiongs.de/img2avi - the application's help page (download link is at the bottom). While VisionGS is a commercial application, img2avi is a free software tool that works great for turning individual images into video clips.

Again, thanks for the great new feature, Rob... It'll come in very handy this summer at the gold mine when I want to do "unplanned recordings" of one or more of the mine web cams. Hopefully you don't mind me posting the above links - but img2avi is a great addition to your record mode.

Al
N4Spd
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: planned new feature, what do you think?

Postby N4Spd » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:48 am

Record Mode road map:

Now that recording is actually taking place in the app, here's what I have planned for future releases regarding Record Mode:

- on/off schedules per camera
- record mode icon in status bar
- embed web server for HTML5 playback interface so you can access it from anywhere, just like a networked dvr.
- provide live API for all cameras in record mode, turning app into a simple "universal" translator for all supported cameras into one interface for integration with websites or other systems.
- motion detection option on the record mode device to save space, also allowing for efficient alerting of the phone client (all the work is done on the record device at home, phone just gets alerts, saving power and network bandwidth).

It will take some time as I'm working on 4 different platforms now but it will be done. Thanks for your patience.

Rob
N4Spd
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: planned new feature, what do you think?

Postby N4Spd » Mon May 16, 2011 8:48 am

In the latest version, you swipe the image to quickly change camera being display in Record Mode.
Also, you can click on the image to do into Matrix View.

I hung an old archos 5 on the wall to act as the recorder in and display in Matrix View.
N4Spd
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Previous

Return to Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests