IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

cameras.xml file specs

Support for my free Android Applications.

cameras.xml file specs

Postby yecarrillo » Tue May 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Robert. I´m trying to automatically update cameras to my 3 tablets. I´ve made a list in Google sheets and making cameras.xml using PHP. I have these questions:

- Can you mention the hash method for password parameter?
- What is for the bitOptions parameter?
- Can you implement some kind of "automatically update cameras list from URL"... I think a single file at
Code: Select all
/storage/sdcard/IpCamViewer/.autoupdate
with the URL can do the magic everytime the app is opened. I tried web server API but low memory prevents run the embeded webserver.
Thank you
yecarrillo

Re: cameras.xml file specs

Postby MrPete » Mon May 21, 2018 12:19 am

Hello,

thats exactly what also I am looking for.
I have been using IP Cam Viewer for years now and added more and more cameras (in the meantime around 30) and also more and more viewing points. Some of them are simple Monitors combined with an Amazon TV Fire Stick, 2 Tablets and some Smartphones.

It would be very useful to have a single point to edit the "cameras.xml" and all the other viewing units can be updated easily by pushbutton or automatically.

At the moment I use he following procedure:

exporting the edited cameras-file to the local memory of the unit using IPCV
copying the edited cameras-file to my NAS
copying the file from my NAS to every single viewing unit
import the file into every single unit using IPCV
and done

Is there any chance to make this procedure a little bit easier and less time consuming?

Thank You!
MrPete
MrPete

Re: cameras.xml file specs

Postby N4Spd » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:34 am

https://hit-mob.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... =ski#p7296

1. You can upload any cameras.xml to a webserver, for example: "http://hit-mob.com/downloads/webcams/ski/cameras%20heavenly.xml".
Link to it in a webpage like "ipcamxml://hit-mob.com/downloads/webcams/ski/cameras%20heavenly.xml".
Clicking on this link in a browser on android with ip cam viewer installed and browser should offer option to open with ip cam viewer.

If allows you to update multiple instances of IP Cam Viewer with the same file.

2. If IP Cam Viewer is currently running in foreground or in Record Mode (background), then it's embedded web server should be running (if enabled in App Settings).
You can remotely log into this web server and tell it to update from a cameras.xml file.
See above link to api "/v1/cgi/getset.cgi?action=set&key=camera_db.import_camera_xml&value=..."

This allows you to update multiple instances of IP Cam Viewer remotely with same file.

Rob
N4Spd

Return to Support