IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

JPG frame rate / picture interval .....adjust?

Support for my free Android Applications.

JPG frame rate / picture interval .....adjust?

Postby deadwood » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:10 am

Hi,

I have four IP Cams that I use with the IP Cam Viewer. Two work fine(new Edimax) but two older ones make problems.

It seems they are not able to send JPG pictures fast enough with the standard frame rate / picture interval setting to the IP Cam Viewer APP. I double checked this on two android devices(an old Galxy GIO and a brand new Tablet) and it seems that the Android Devices are not the problem here and neither it's the WLAN connection.

The Cams are all connected to a wired LAN 100mbit and they work fine with their Internet Explorer plugins on Windows PCs.

On my desktop PC(LAN connected) I use a free software called "iSpy" to access the cams. With this software I can also use the JPG camera picture mode. And when I use this mode I must set up the picture interval between two JPG callings for example to 3500 milliseconds. So i can adjust this interval to the capability of the specific IP Cam. When I do that the two "problem" cams are working fine within "iSpy".

So I suspect that the two old IP cams are simply not fast enough(hardware/software bugg?) to send JPG images at every second.
The main problem is that the cams freeze when the IP Cam Viewer APP is used over a some time and then i have to reboot them.

These two old IP Cams I'm talking about are an old Sony SNC-M3(from 2005) and a cheep Ebay Shixin pan/tilt cam(from 2007).

These Cams do not have a mobile picture settings menu where I could tweak anything so the only way is to tweak the android APP.

So my question is if there Is a config file for the "IP Cam Viewer " that I can tweak the "picture interval" or maybe a future "IP Cam Viewer" release with GUI setting the picture interval?

Edit 02.11.13:
So one month later, no feedback at all....

No ini files to tweak around?

Hardcoded JPEG picture interval?

Please at least some info on this!
deadwood

Re: JPG frame rate / picture interval .....adjust?

Postby whats_up_skip » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:05 pm

I have been having a similar problem, where the record rate is only 1fps or 1 frame every two seconds.

What is the limitation here?
whats_up_skip

Re: JPG frame rate / picture interval .....adjust?

Postby N4Spd » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:03 pm

please email me directly and describe the problem with the sony m3 driver. thx rob

robert [dot] chou [at] gmail [dot] com
N4Spd

Return to Support