IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

setting up your IP camera

Support for my free Android Applications.

Re: setting up your IP camera

Postby N4Spd » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:17 pm

again, I've posted about this many times. EMAIL ME DIRECTLY.
robert[dot]chou[at]gmail[dot]com

I check the board about once a week. It's meant for users to share knowledge.

thanks,
rob

p.s. please don't make assumptions because I try to answer all emails and posts (eventually).

sitndux wrote:it doesn't appear the developer is willing to help here. Some of these posts are very old.
N4Spd

Re: setting up your USB camera

Postby hil » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:05 pm

linuxluver wrote:
N4Spd wrote:If you have an USB camera, then you need install a program on your computer to stream the USB webcam.
You can try http://www.webcamxp.com or http://www.yawcam.com for Windows, or http://www.evological.com/evocam.html for Apple.

Once the USB webcam is available using a browser, then following the same steps as an IP camera to get that camera available from the internet.
In the IP Cam Viewer app for Android, select the "WebcamXP" or "Yawcam", or "EvoCam" type.

I have WebcamXP v5.x running on Windows Vista. I can happily access my webcam's remotely via web browser, but IP Cam Viewer (paid version) always says it failed to get an image. I've never been able to successfully talk to my webcamxp cameras with IP Cam Viewer on Android 1.6 (HTC Magic) or 2.1 (Nexus One)...over wifi or mobile data. The address it uses is "http://[ip-address]:8989/1" for camera 1. I have two cameras (MS Lifecam VX3000 and Logitech Notecam 3500 (something like that). It can't see either of them via IP Cam Viewer set to WebcamXP and with all correct details supplied. The only detail I'm not sure of is the number to put in the for the camera. I've tried 0,1 and 2.

Any idea what's going wrong? I have supplied the correct userid and password, too, of course.

NOTE: Works fine in any web browser, including any web browser (default or Dolphin or Opera 5 Mini) on my Nexus One phone. But I'd like to see it in IP Cam Viewer as it is one of the reasons I bought the app. :-)

I have the same problem. How did you it solve ? In the Android browser everything on the HTC HD2 works , even USB cameras can see. (I got ported Android on HD2.)
EDIT:
Solved ! The problem was between the keyboard and chair. :-) In category I tried Uknown Brand instead WebcamXP .
hil

Postby joshi42 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:56 am

Any idea, how to configure IP Cam Viewer for Toshiba IKWB-15A? I finally did it via "Generic", but I miss PTZ controls in that case.
joshi42

Postby N4Spd » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:13 pm

select camera type "Toshiba IK-WB15A", enter a url like "http://my15a.dyndns.org:9999" where 9999 is the port the web interface is on. don't put anything after the port.

thanks,
rob

joshi42 wrote:Any idea, how to configure IP Cam Viewer for Toshiba IKWB-15A? I finally did it via "Generic", but I miss PTZ controls in that case.
N4Spd

Postby lnr1981 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Use generic options and should work. U may have to have streaming/push to server software on ya pc for any app/device to pull the stream/feed. A free or paid dynamic named server is the most effective way to so no going round that unless ya want ya pc network to be hacked and flooded/used as a proxy to view illegal sites. Reply for some more help, I wanna see if this app can show my HTC hd2's cam feed as a ipcam
lnr1981

Postby thomas_lee » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:51 am

does it work for built-in webcam on my laptop? not much of a computer guy..so still tryin to set this up..thx for any help from anyone
thomas_lee

Postby awiederrich » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 am

I have IP Cam Viewer widget set up and working on HTC Incredible. I see my Trendnet IP422W just fine. Problem is that ever since setting this up my camera locks up and must be power reset about every 24 hours or so. Anyone else had this trouble?
awiederrich

Postby vicw » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:24 pm

awiederrich wrote:I have IP Cam Viewer widget set up and working on HTC Incredible. I see my Trendnet IP422W just fine. Problem is that ever since setting this up my camera locks up and must be power reset about every 24 hours or so. Anyone else had this trouble?

The IP422W has a history of this kind of problem under wireless operation. I have two of them, and didn't encounter it operating wireless for over a year with my Belkin N+ router, but when I switched over to a new Linksys E3000, the problem started occurring quite frequently. I tried every option on the router I could think of to cure it, to no avail, and finally just hardwired them both a few weeks ago, Since then, they have been operating without any problems.

If you want to see an extended discussion about the IP422W, including this problem, you might peruse the comments area in Amazon for this camera. Some users have actually installed timers on their cameras to interrupt AC input periodically, and force reboots without having to be at home.
vicw

do u support ip cam RTSP (554 port ?)

Postby ray_koo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:26 am

Hi

I use unkonw ip cam, does this software can support rtsp ?
or which setting can support this

thanks

Ray
ray_koo

Postby telesha » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:35 pm

How do I resolve DNS on a pc so I can use remote assistance via MSN ? My fiance are currently over a thousand miles appart, and are trying to use remote assistance, but everytime it wont connect, and says " Remote assistance connection could not be established because the DNS name of the remote computer could not be resolved. "
Last edited by telesha on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
telesha

PreviousNext

Return to Support