IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

setting up your IP camera

Support for my free Android Applications.

Re: setting up your IP camera

Postby N4Spd » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:21 am

yes, you can use internal ip addresses. the app doesn't care.
quiem wrote:hello:

Can I use this program(IP Cam Viewer Lite) in the virtual IP for test?

ex:192.168.1.100

because didn't work......thanks!!!
N4Spd

Postby kitty2909 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:44 am

hi im having a hard.time getting my ip cam viewer lite to work. i hace my ip address n my port number. but how do i edit the router? i checked online n couldnt find a single thing
plz help thxs
kitty2909

Postby Seabeebu3 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Rob,
I got the upgrade yesterday and sound worked etc,,
I had been having problems with my bl-c131A as the orange light kept blinking, I reloadaed my viewnetcam.com program to see what could be done to shut this off, and now I cant get to teh phone any longer,
Error comes up (could not connect to given hostname/ip and port

I have UPNP enabled, host name set up thru viewnetcam.com and using prt 5000 as I had before,,

I can see teh camera from computer wirelessly and wired , but not on phone,,
any ideas?
Thanks Bill
Seabeebu3

Postby N4Spd » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm

First, make sure you can access the device's web login page using your mobile browser on *** 3g ***.
See this link for info: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47

Once that works, then try my app.
N4Spd

Postby detract » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm hoping this is where I'm supposed to go as it was the 'support' link in the actual app.

I had "Live Cams IP Camera" working fine on my blackberry 9780. Then when I got the 9900 and reinstalled the app I'm unable to add any cameras. I click add but nothing happens. I can import, but as I no longer have my old phone or it's settings, I can't export from it.

the only thing i could find on this issue is that someone else had it, and they wiped their phone and reinstalled everything then it worked. Is there any way to fix without wiping the entire phone?

I've tried erasing the app and reinstalling.
detract

Postby johndonn66 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:04 am

I have the Svat CV-500 4 ch DVR in two locations port forwarding on both routers are of the linksys version one valet and ne Sisco E1000 the software is vrtually the same, the difficulty in following the mobile viewing instruction is in getting the 554 RTSP port to be up and the port range that is suggested by SVat which is 1024/1025 - 10000, that is quite a range to have open, the reason being explained that each conection needs 4 rtsp streams to supply enough bandwith to the mobile device ie@ BB, I-phone, anroid. Following this purpose I have tryed as you may have each and every path to alow "port forwarding " and RTSP range of available ports in the linksy routers "Gaming and applicaions" settings "Port Forwading in the following order

My router has the dvr same "name" (may be negligable) that I use for the dvr the router and the wireless SSID + "host" in the router" same name but different passwords "obviously.

Port Forwarding section/ custom ports ( the blank ones)
Name: dvr-04 / internal port: 823 / external port: 823 /Tcp/Udp =choose both / IP address: whatever dhcp is mine is 192.168.1. (59) all you add is the IP under dhcp which is then swithed to static so it doesn't change bt you nw this already.

next port: any name /I call it "i-phone" / internal port: 554 / external port: 554 / protocol & IP addess same as above {although I have seen posts saying to use TCP for this and UDP for range ports 1025-1025 -10000.

next I have put my range in the next Tab in the linksys firmware under gaming and applications ( port range forwarding)

Name: RTSP : beggining port: 1024 / Ending port: 10000 / protocol & IP addess same as above {although I have seen posts saying to use TCP for this and UDP for range ports 1025-1025 -10000.

next: name I called it RTP: beggining port: 1025 / ending port : 10000 / protocol & IP addess same as above {although I have seen posts saying to use TCP for this and UDP for range ports 1025-1025 -10000.

I just recentl added QOS support WMM - (no aknowledgement) (although I may add that now) for the port range 1024-10000 under applications "custom" I believe I call it "i-phone or BB" probably doesn't matter.

You have to make sure to hit the "add" button at the bottom of this setting to save yu may not notice it but it will be there.
I will have to go over these etting to confirm and replicate the usefulness of these settings weather they are esential or not.

The ggod news is that it is working with IPcam viewer (free) and in addition to that (I hope this doesn't change) my DVR is on the "walk feature" cycling through the cameras every few seconds. The good part of this is that since all of my free ports (6 on the IPcamviewer) are used up by other cameras, my Svt dvr is sending al 4 cameras to the one port effectivly giving me 10 cameras on my "free" Ipcamviewer" .

So I have told you abut my Router here are my dvr and Anroid settings

dvr is using DYDNS free: same: dvr name & (host) + (username) but different password registered with the external IP address of the Cable service used where my DVRs are.

The Anroid has the same settings the great thing about IPcamviewer is that it lets you chose the DVR closest to the one you are using, the CV-500 is listed here
So it is:
Name: dvr name
make: Svat
Model: Svat CV500
Host/IP: dvr name (that you chose) +dyndns.org / no http in front of it.
Choose Http port
Port: using my web port/ the same as a computer.
password: your ddns dvr password not the internal pasword accessed by the mouse and local access (when you are in front of your DVR)

Hit the test button and hpoefully like I did today if finally worked after a year and some time.

Some of the things I have found to help me refesh ports are to change them to anything elese that you are not using ( some higher port ie@ 9000, 8000, 12345, 5000 ) Temporarily to allow the mobile device or the dvr /router to refresh these settings.

Also you may see the internal IP addresses from the router and the dvr not matching but that seems to also be inmaterial as long as they resolve to the external IP or you ISPs WAN .

Let me know if that helps and please confirm what I missed I have to get it working on the Blackberry Curve now which is what my client has.
johndonn66

Postby Joter » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Its a nice sharing about setting IP camera. I was tried to set another camera in my mobile phone in which i use Robi mobile sim card. But cannot do it. Now i will try to set a IP camera in my mobile and computer both. Thanks for your informative post.
Joter

Postby N4Spd » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:46 pm

the current bb version should fix this problem.

detract wrote:I'm hoping this is where I'm supposed to go as it was the 'support' link in the actual app.

I had "Live Cams IP Camera" working fine on my blackberry 9780. Then when I got the 9900 and reinstalled the app I'm unable to add any cameras. I click add but nothing happens. I can import, but as I no longer have my old phone or it's settings, I can't export from it.

the only thing i could find on this issue is that someone else had it, and they wiped their phone and reinstalled everything then it worked. Is there any way to fix without wiping the entire phone?

I've tried erasing the app and reinstalling.
N4Spd

Postby simon_pengelly » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:18 am

Thanks Robert (developer) for your helpful email support. I think my problem is deeper and with the way the ES-IPS509 software interacts with the browser.
simon_pengelly

Postby thepair » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:34 pm

I understand how to access my camera thru port forwarding when I am away from home or on a computer away from home, but if the smart phone is set up for wifi access, how can I access from outside without changing the wifi access to a dyndns.com type access?
thepair

PreviousNext

Return to Support