IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

Widget Refresh

Support for my free Android Applications.

Widget Refresh

Postby macsween » Mon May 24, 2010 9:30 am

Firstly let me say this is the best app ever! recently purchased the paid version not so much for the features but more as a donation for an awesome product!

However, i'm not sure if its my phone (hero) running android 1.6 but the widget doesn't seem to refresh, in the app it all works perfectly. I've tried changing the refresh speed but it has no effect, is this normal or am I being a just being a muppet and missing something obvious?
macsween

Re: Widget Refresh

Postby N4Spd » Wed May 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Some other users have reported this situation but I've not been able to reproduce it.
One symptom is that clicking on the widget does not bring up the app (zombie widget).

The fix has been 1 of the following:
1. easy fix: draw the widgets to trash and add them back to your home screen. If it doesn't update or clicking on image does not launch app, then see fix 2.

2. harder fix: delete the bad widgets, goto Manage Cameras, click Menu, then Export. This saves off your cameras. Now, uninstall the app and re-install from the market, Import your cameras back and add widgets.

Thanks,
Rob
N4Spd

Re: Widget Refresh

Postby N4Spd » Wed May 26, 2010 7:21 pm

ps. one other thing, if you have a task killer, make sure to exclude the ip cam viewer's background service which is only used for updating widgets.

thanks,
rob
N4Spd

Return to Support