IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

Improvement

Support for my free Android Applications.

Improvement

Postby Christian » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:25 am

Hi Rob,

It would be great if it was possible (I don't know if it's possible or easy !) to zoom on the picture of the ipcam...

Hope this is a good idea ???

Christian
Christian

Re: Improvement

Postby N4Spd » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:00 am

Some cameras already have optical zoom buttons enabled. If your camera has optical zoom and is not enabled, then please email me and I'll add them.

As for digital zoom, that another feature on the todo list but right now, only optical zoom (from the camera) is supported.

thanks,
rob
N4Spd

Postby Christian » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 am

Hi Rob,

Thanks for answering...

Yes my suggestion is a digital zoom for non equipped camera. But as it's in the todo list, no problem, it's not a prioritary feature but just an improvment, not urgent.

Christian
Christian

Postby N4Spd » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Ok, the latest version released tonight v2.9.2 has digital zoom.

Basically, if your camera does not have any ptz functions, then the PTZ button will launch the digital zoom screen.
This screen will load/refresh in higher resolutions and allow you to pinch zoom in/out (multi-touch) and pan by dragging your finder.
If your phone is 2.0 or older, then a separate "zoom in" and "zoom out" button will be overlayed in place of the pinch zoom.

If you camera does have some form of ptz, you can also use access the digital zoom screen.
When you click on the ptz button, it overlays the normal ptz controls. Now, there is a new DZ button next to the optical zoom in/out buttons. This DZ button launches the same digital zoom screen described above (with multitouch pinch zoom in/out).

rob
N4Spd

Return to Support