IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras     Cheap Wifi Pan/Tilt/Audio Camera with Good Night Vision    

IPCam Pro works *some* Wifi

Support for my free Android Applications.

IPCam Pro works *some* Wifi

Postby JayP » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:29 am

Been using IPCam for many months, successful with 4G carrier access and internal access and DDNS access. New enterprise WiFi network at work seems to be blocking something, did not have any issues before the office WiFi upgrade. 4G in the building is poor so smartphone relies on WiFi coverage for everything. Using IP Camera v6.2.7 on Samsung S5, a camera setting like: mycam.ddns.net port 84 no longer works BUT in the phone browser (Chrome), mycam.ddns.net:84 goes to the camera login page, I can login and see and control the camera. I can get to the cameras and control them when at home, when on 4G, when using hotel WiFi - basically everywhere but on the new work wifi. The interesting aspect is that it does not seem to be that ports are blocked since the mobile browser does work on the same network. The IT guys at work are not aware of anything they are doing differently than before. I should mention that there are other users of IP Camera at the office having similar problems now. Is there something I can ask the IT guys to check? Is there a setting in IP Camera that will allow it to work on this new wifi network as the browser does?
JayP

Re: IPCam Pro works *some* Wifi

Postby N4Spd » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:43 am

they may be filtering by user agent. try selecting different user-agent in App Settings.

note: some drivers are binary so user-agent does not apply
note2: some drivers use a fixed user-agent as some cameras require specific user-agent.
N4Spd

Re: IPCam Pro works *some* Wifi

Postby JayP » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:50 am

Thanks for the tip... I tried all the User-Agent settings without success. I use a variety of cameras from different vendors and it is an all-or-none situation ... they either all work or none of them work in IP Cam Viewer. I am using v6.3.3 running on a Samsung S5 smart phone. I can browser log in and view all my cameras, this is not an individual camera issue on this wifi network. Success using the browser makes me think I should also be able to have success with the IP Cam Viewer application too.
JayP

Return to Support