IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

DSC Alarm Monitor

Information about my free Android Applications available in the Android Market for cell phones and embedded devices.

Re: DSC Alarm Monitor

Postby Konstigt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi.

I got a suggestion earlier in this thread to buy the Envisalink. Now I have bought it and installed it. I installed DSC Alarm Monitor Lite and the functions works.

I'm just wondering about the ARM-button, would it be possible to add Stay-ARM? We use it every day when we go to bed and it would be very useful. Maybe add it to the paid version only so I will be forced to buy it, not a problem :)

One small bug which is really only cosmetical, the app doesn't seem to respect my locale. It shows dates in the wrong format and time in AM/PM.

Thanks for a nice app otherwise!
Konstigt

Postby vicw » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Konstigt wrote:...I'm just wondering about the ARM-button, would it be possible to add Stay-ARM? We use it every day when we go to bed and it would be very useful. ..

Actually, in the circumstance you described, the app currently will set the system to go to Stay-Arm, as long as you don't open and close one of the exit sensors while it is in the Exit Delay cycle, but it would be nice to be able to selectively force set it to Stay-Arm or Away-Arm by an app choice.

The other side of that issue is when you want to set Away-Arm from the app, and you are already outside and away from the house. In that case, since you can't physically open and close an exit sensor, it goes to Stay-Arm. which is a contrary to the real condition you would normally want. You can currently make those selections from the Eye-zon mobile URL, but I'd really like to be able to do it all within the DSC Alarm Monitor app.

To be really greedy, it would also be great to be able to set the *9 Stay-Arm mode (results in immediate alarm if any exterior sensor is triggered while armed) from the app.
vicw

Postby d3user » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:48 am

Just installed on a Droid 3 (Android 2.3.4) and the app has an issue connecting. Most times it will not even connect no matter how long you leave it trying. After all the trying it connected twice but that seemed to be after a long time trying. The test comes back success right away.
The app runs fine on my old Droid 1.

Any chance of an update for this?
d3user

Postby hankai » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi,
Does the DSC app work in alexor with the TL265GS board?

Thank's

Best regards
hankai

Postby kenvinlee89 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 am

Akkula wrote:

I think this is a good app but it could really use some more documentation on what the fields mean so hopefully this is helpful so you don’t spend as much time as me getting everything to work!

I also think so

Postby ported » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:40 am

Anyone know if this program will work with Eyez-On's newer IP170D?
ported

Postby N4Spd » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:30 pm

not the tl265, I think it requires a middle man service.

hankai wrote:Hi,
Does the DSC app work in alexor with the TL265GS board?

Thank's

Best regards
N4Spd

Postby ported » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:27 pm

Just got a reply from Eyez-On: "Yes the command set is the same for the IP170D and the IP100D so the 3rd party Android app with work just fine." Guess I'll give it a try and put in an order.
ported

Postby ported » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:09 pm

I can confirm the IP170D works with this program. I'm currently using the lite version... is the widget only available in the paid version? I only get the regular shortcut on the desktop, and the app doesn't show up in the widget list at all.

I'm sure the market for this app is much smaller than IPCamViewer (which I own and use often), but I'm hoping some of these might make it into a future paid version ;) :

• Provide separate Arm/Stay and Arm/Away options. (If I use my phone to arm from the office, I'd still want motion sensors and everything to go off per Away mode.)
  • I haven't set off my alarm yet, but I can't find any app options to configure notifications of an alarm state. Even if it's just using a built-in popup, some configurable notification with text/sound/vibration would be good. Even better if I can send email and SMS to other people in my contact list!
  • Ability to have more zones than 16. 32 would be much better, but I think some bulkier DSC units go to 64.
  • Ability to hide zones from the main scrolling list. I have several "placeholder" zones which aren't installed yet, and some are for monitoring/logging only (don't trip any alarm). I could remove them via the DSC keypad, but it's hard enough programming that thing...
  • Ability to sort zones in the list independently of zone # maybe? My fire zone is way at the bottom of the list (#16), so it'd be nice to bump it up.

That's all I can think of now. Thank you very much for another extremely useful program!
ported

Postby jtolive » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:25 pm

Is the PC1616 going to be supported in the future? I downloaded the Lite version and the setting screen says it connects ok to the TL150 connected to the PC1616. Just never manages to get past the loading status part.
jtolive

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions