IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

DSC Alarm Monitor

Information about my free Android Applications available in the Android Market for cell phones and embedded devices.

Re: DSC Alarm Monitor

Postby vicw » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:23 pm

This discussion has inspired me to install a DSC system in our home. I had installed my own DSC system, wired and wireless, when we lived in SoCal, and it worked very reliably, but our current home in NC doesn't have one. It should be an interesting project, since the new home isn't prewired.

I monitor our cameras with your great IP Cam Viewer app, and I like the idea of also being able to check status and arm the alarm, plus get notification from the alarm system on my smartphone, using your Alarm Monitor app, rather than using a monitoring company. I just installed a Synology system to integrate the cameras, and review camera clips remotely, but I think the IP Cam Viewer will still be my go to app for quick checking status.
vicw

Postby vicw » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:45 am

The pic of the app that you have posted shows the "ARM" button. Once armed, does the app replace the button with a "DISARM" button? I'm knee deep in researching what I need for the alarm system installation, and knowing if it has the capability to Arm and Disarm remotely is pretty important to me.
vicw

Postby m017893 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:00 am

Hi Rob,
DSC alarm monitor for iPhone with a tl-150
Installation was easy, application is working but it can't display the zone's label after zone 9. Is-there a patch for this ?

Also little suggestions :
1. It is too easy to desarm the system, you should add a confirmation prompt before proceding
2. It would be nice to be prompt on a system' status change.

Regards, Michel
m017893

Postby vicw » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:06 am

m017893 wrote:Hi Rob,
Installation was easy, application is working but it can't display the zone's label after zone 9. Is-there a patch for this ?

1. It is too easy to desarm the system, you should add a confirmation prompt before proceding

Regards, Michel

Thanks for that, Michel. I like your suggestions. You also answered my question about whether the app can Disarm the alarm, as well as Arm it. I guess it's to be expected that it can, but I wanted to be sure before I go any deeper into installing the system, and getting the app.

Were you able to purchase the TL-150 recently, and if so, from what store. I see from some other postings that it has been discontinued.
vicw

Postby N4Spd » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:31 pm

odd. you should be able to scroll and view the other zones.

Regards, Michel
N4Spd

Postby N4Spd » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:33 pm

You can also get the Envisalink IP-100D Module (Made by: Envisalink and Sold by: Eyez-on.com); which is made by the same company as the DSC TL-150 module.

vicw wrote:

Regards, Michel

Thanks for that, Michel. I like your suggestions. You also answered my question about whether the app can Disarm the alarm, as well as Arm it. I guess it's to be expected that it can, but I wanted to be sure before I go any deeper into installing the system, and getting the app.

Were you able to purchase the TL-150 recently, and if so, from what store. I see from some other postings that it has been discontinued.
N4Spd

Postby vicw » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:33 pm

I've been talking with Envisalink, to get some documentation on the IP 100D, and they have been very responsive and helpful. I plan to order it tomorrow, and I have my parts list all prepared to order the DSC alarm system material from Worthington Distribution. Thanks Rob, for providing the apps, and planting the seed for this new project.
vicw

Postby jrock » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi,

Just installed the TL-150 on my 1832 panel. I require help with the proper settings to monitor via samsung captivate.

Thanks in advance.....
jrock

Postby m017893 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:01 am

cannot display text Past zone 9

Hi Rob
You gave us the possibility to change the zone name so it is easier to identify the activity in the status panel
Here, for zone 10 and up, it does not display the text we choose for it, it simply display the default text 'Zone 10 name:'

I hope that will help you to correct this bug,

Regards, Michel
m017893

Postby vicw » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:17 pm

m017893 wrote:
cannot display text Past zone 9

Hi Rob
You gave us the possibility to change the zone name so it is easier to identify the activity in the status panel
Here, for zone 10 and up, it does not display the text we choose for it, it simply display the default text 'Zone 10 name:'

I hope that will help you to correct this bug,

Regards, Michel

I just finished my installation of the DSC system and the Envisalink IP-100D. I was stunned that after programming the DSC system, the IP-100D card was immediately accessible from my laptop with me having done absolutely nothing to set it up, other than put it in place and connect it. Pretty amazing, I think.

Likewise, the DSC Alarm Monitor app on my Droid X required minimal setup, and works beautifully. Also amazing. I don't have the problem that Michel experienced with naming on zones 10 and above - not sure what makes the difference, unless Robert just fixed the bug in the last few days. I bought the paid app on principle, just because I think Robert deserves whatever support he gets from users for supporting this niche, but highly valuable app. I'm pleased as I could be with myself for being able to get through the installation and programming, and grateful that Robert has developed and supports this app.

Now to get greedy and ask Robert to consider adding zones 17-32, or more. I limited my installation just to avoid any zones that would be blind to the App, but I really want to add a bunch of glass breakage sensors, since it's impractical for me to add window opening sensors on my un-prewired home, and I don't want to activate the motion sensors when arming it in the STAY mode.
vicw

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions