IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

DSC Alarm Monitor

Information about my free Android Applications available in the Android Market for cell phones and embedded devices.

Re: DSC Alarm Monitor

Postby Akkula » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:45 pm

I thought I would provide people with some help on this app as well as with the TL-150. I just got it and setup everything...there was quite a bit of frustation so hopefully this will help others...

TL-150:
The TL-150 setup is easy. Once you get it wired, it hooks right up very easily and gets connected to the internet. You just need to type in "tl-150" on a computer on the internal home network and you are into the tl-150--the default password is "admin" and so is the userid. I would suggest using this website from DSC to confirm that it is able to communicate with the outside world: http://www.dsc.com/iptesting/ -----> Make sure you enter your normal access code in the browser to test if it can arm your system. The interface is pretty intuitive. Follow the instructions on the website and look at the advance properties and it will tell you when it is online.

Router:
This is a pain because you are not sure if there is a problem with the router or with the APP. With my router, I had to turn on remote management which allows you to get into your network from the outside internet (you have to setup a password and userid...I will talk about this more later). For my browser, you have to type in 192.168.0.1 on your home network computer to get into the controls. Make sure you take note of what the assigned IP address is once you get into the router because you need it for the app. Also, go into the advance propreties and make sure that port 80 is forwarded.

App:
Put in the IP address that you looked up in your router menu. Make sure you are using the one for the router and not for one of the other computers within your network. Here is how to decipher the fields in the app:

IP ADDRESS: IP Address of the router (this can change if you don't have a STATIC IP)
Code: The code you use to arm your system when you punch the numbers into your keypd at home
User: This is the userid that you use to get into the tl-a50 the default is "admin"--this isn't the code for the remote management
Pwd: This is the PW for tl-150 access "admin" is the default
Port: I just kept this defaulted to 80

I think this is a good app but it could really use some more documentation on what the fields mean so hopefully this is helpful so you don’t spend as much time as me getting everything to work!

The biggest problem I see is if you don’t have a static IP address for your router, the setting will need to be updated whenever you have a power outage.
Akkula

Postby vicw » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:18 pm

In case you didn't notice, Robert just kindly added expanded zone access through 32 in his newest release today. It's working fine on my Droid.
vicw

Postby vicw » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Akkula wrote:..... The biggest problem I see is if you don’t have a static IP address for your router, the setting will need to be updated whenever you have a power outage.

You won't have that problem if you get a DNS address assigned to your system, instead of relying on the actual numbered IP address. It's pretty easy to do, and you can get free accounts at www.dyndns.com Their web site will walk you through the process. Once that is set up, you can set your router to handle the notification of any future IP address changes automatically. It's virtually instantaneous and transparent whenever a new IP address is assigned by your ISP.

With their free DNS accounts, the only thing you have to do to maintain it is to just reply to the monthly email they send you. They do that to avoid having bunches of inactive accounts.

I've been using a DNS account from them for all of my cameras, and I recently added the Alarm System to it.
vicw

Postby paulwallen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:45 pm

I am having difficulty finding the IP address assigned to my tl150. Where would I be able to find this? Instead of typing "tl-150 in the address bar, I need to setup the port forwarding on the router, but I can't figure out how to get the ip address of the t-link. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Akkula wrote:I thought I would provide people with some help on this app as well as with the TL-150. I just got it and setup everything...there was quite a bit of frustation so hopefully this will help others...

TL-150:
The TL-150 setup is easy. Once you get it wired, it hooks right up very easily and gets connected to the internet. You just need to type in "tl-150" on a computer on the internal home network and you are into the tl-150--the default password is "admin" and so is the userid. I would suggest using this website from DSC to confirm that it is able to communicate with the outside world: http://www.dsc.com/iptesting/ -----> Make sure you enter your normal access code in the browser to test if it can arm your system. The interface is pretty intuitive. Follow the instructions on the website and look at the advance properties and it will tell you when it is online.

Router:
This is a pain because you are not sure if there is a problem with the router or with the APP. With my router, I had to turn on remote management which allows you to get into your network from the outside internet (you have to setup a password and userid...I will talk about this more later). For my browser, you have to type in 192.168.0.1 on your home network computer to get into the controls. Make sure you take note of what the assigned IP address is once you get into the router because you need it for the app. Also, go into the advance propreties and make sure that port 80 is forwarded.

App:
Put in the IP address that you looked up in your router menu. Make sure you are using the one for the router and not for one of the other computers within your network. Here is how to decipher the fields in the app:

IP ADDRESS: IP Address of the router (this can change if you don't have a STATIC IP)
Code: The code you use to arm your system when you punch the numbers into your keypd at home
User: This is the userid that you use to get into the tl-a50 the default is "admin"--this isn't the code for the remote management
Pwd: This is the PW for tl-150 access "admin" is the default
Port: I just kept this defaulted to 80

I think this is a good app but it could really use some more documentation on what the fields mean so hopefully this is helpful so you don’t spend as much time as me getting everything to work!

The biggest problem I see is if you don’t have a static IP address for your router, the setting will need to be updated whenever you have a power outage.
paulwallen

Postby paulwallen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:10 am

Got it figured out by just trying IP addresses until it pulled up the tl-150.

Using the iphone app though, it crashes everytime it loads. Is there anything I can do about that? Kind of useless if not. (and dissapointing)
paulwallen

Postby six8guy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:03 pm

I have the DSC TL150 installed and the the app is installed on my htc EVO... I have the app configured and it successfully connects but the widget as well as the app's native interface status show "unknown" (in red letters) for system and all zones. It show the proper update time but the DSC Time = NA. Please help
Last edited by six8guy on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
six8guy

Postby N4Spd » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:28 pm

This is a bug caused by 64 zones.
Next release for iOS will fix bug. Already supported, awaiting apple approval.

paulwallen wrote:Got it figured out by just trying IP addresses until it pulled up the tl-150.

Using the iphone app though, it crashes everytime it loads. Is there anything I can do about that? Kind of useless if not. (and dissapointing)
N4Spd

Postby six8guy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:33 pm

I posted the below problem with the DSC alarm app for android back on the 3/19... i am very disappointed that there has been no response... can anyone help?

Postby six8guy » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:03 am
I have the DSC TL150 installed and the the app is installed on my htc EVO... I have the app configured and it successfully connects but the widget as well as the app's native interface status show "unknown" (in red letters) for system and all zones. It show the proper update time but the DSC Time = NA. Please help
six8guy

Postby fredjohnson » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Hello six8guy, I also have the htc EVo. I used the free AP for a week and was very impressed so I purchased the "full AP". I was having the same problem you describe with the full AP. So, I shutdown and restarted my EVO, I did not touch the EVO for 5 minutes after I restarted it.
I then went to the desktop area that has the widget and touched the widget. This opened the AP with the same view as clicking on the AP icon. My alarm status has worked correctly since that time. I do not have to "reboot" my EVO but when I do, I access the DSC AP via the widget first and it works like a champ.

six8guy wrote:I posted the below problem with the DSC alarm app for android back on the 3/19... i am very disappointed that there has been no response... can anyone help?

fredjohnson

Postby six8guy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks fredjohnson for the info but it did not work!

Robert, I own an alarm sales and installation company that activates over 200 units per month. Helping me get this working will mean a lot of app sales for you...please help

fredjohnson wrote:Hello six8guy, I also have the htc EVo. I used the free AP for a week and was very impressed so I purchased the "full AP". I was having the same problem you describe with the full AP. So, I shutdown and restarted my EVO, I did not touch the EVO for 5 minutes after I restarted it.
I then went to the desktop area that has the widget and touched the widget. This opened the AP with the same view as clicking on the AP icon. My alarm status has worked correctly since that time. I do not have to "reboot" my EVO but when I do, I access the DSC AP via the widget first and it works like a champ.

six8guy wrote:I posted the below problem with the DSC alarm app for android back on the 3/19... i am very disappointed that there has been no response... can anyone help?

six8guy

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions