IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

Frame rate?

User discussions, tips, questions and answers, etc. for the Walkie Talkie Application for Android cell phones and embedded devices available in the Android Market

Frame rate?

Postby DoubleSpeed » Fri May 20, 2016 10:22 pm

OK this is probably a dumb question however I'd like to check before I purchase and waste money...

I've been successfully using IP Camera Pro for a couple of weeks now by re-provisioning an old Samsung galaxy ace and recording using motion detection all good records to SD Card and alerts on motion/record via email (Note: had one issue with auto update app turned on for me it seemed to stop motion recording after app updated so turned off auto updates and this seems to have resolved this little annoyance!).

I've been using a fairly low resolution EasyN IP cam I've had for a few years now for my testing (it very's however getting a frame rate of about 4.00 fps with the ace) so now I'm looking to purchase some more IP camera to permanently install around my home. I'm seeing some great low cost full 1080p HD also seeing higher resolution as well on eBay so considering these.

My question is whilst I understand that a higher resolution camera will generate larger files due to pixel size/detail will this also slow down the frame rate that can be viewed recorded by IP Cam Pro as well?
DoubleSpeed

Re: Frame rate?

Postby N4Spd » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:43 pm

1. Some drivers let you select a specific stream (put stream number in Ch.# field in Edit Camera).

2. Change the stream's video settings in the camera's native admin interface.

3. Try lowering i-frame rate to 5 or lower for selected stream if video is stale/old/slow.

4. Lowering stream resolution may also help.

5. finally, use Scan Camera over all camera/dvr's other ports to find other compatible drivers.
N4Spd

Return to Discussions