IP Cam Viewer     My Amazon IP Cameras    

Upload 2 NAS Question

Do you love the auto focus camera and video recording but need a way to automatically save to your NAS?
This program will check once a day, in the background, for new pictures and videos to upload to your NAS (network storage). It will also clean up old media files after a configurable period (only for files it has already uploaded).

Upload 2 NAS Question

Postby kgilliam » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi,

I installed GuildFTPDaemon on my W3K server and forwared Port 21 on my firewall to my W3K server.
I created a new Admin account in GuidFTPd called kgilliam and set the password.
I created the /media/phonecam folders in this user default virtual path /. (Physical path c:\ftp\ckg)
I tested the site via FileZilla before testing on the Android. I can create and delete files and folders with no problem.

Downloaded and installed Upload2Nas Full Version

configured my ip address, port, username, password.

When I test, I can see on the GuildFTPd that a connection is in progress, but the application final times out and ask me if I want to force close the application.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Keith
kgilliam

Re: Upload 2 NAS Question

Postby N4Spd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Hmm... would it be possible for you to give me temporary access to your ftp server for testing? Just delete the account when I'm done.
robert[dot]chou[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks,
rob
N4Spd

Re: Upload 2 NAS Question

Postby kps » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:54 pm

skip if file exists

Is there anyway to actually sync these files to the FTP server as opposed to overwrite. I keep my gallery on my phone but want a backup to the FTP. As with most, I only take a few shots but keep them on my device. When it syncs I only want it to sync the latest and not "put" every file to the FTP.

Is there anyway to "put" the files ONLY if they do not exist already?????

kps
kps

Return to Upload 2 NAS